In Ridgewood, New Jersey, a 5 year old girl named Chloe Olson, who had recently learned a 911 song in school, utilized that training by calling them when her mother began choking on a chip. As her mother explains in the video below, she wasn’t getting any air. Had her inability to breathe continued, Chloe’s fast acting response would have likely saved her mothers life. In this case, her mother managed to dislodge the chip before rescuers arrived, but this doesn’t detract in any way from the outstanding response from 5 year old Chloe!

The video from CBSNY has some really heart-warming moments in it, and it’s also quite endearing to listen to as little Chloe thinks she’s speaking her with her daddy who in fact is the 9-1-1 dispatcher.

It’s never too early to begin learning CPR and First-Aid, and all CPR Education’s classes include training on helping choking victims. Begin learning and ingraining these concepts into yourself and your family now.

Sign up for one of our classes today!