Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
Who Needs BLS?
This American Heart Association course is designed specifically for healthcare professionals and is designed for healthcare providers both in and out of the hospital. Industries and vocations requiring BLS for Healthcare Providers include nursing, dentistry, EMS, pharmaceutical, medical assisting, and more. The certification is good for both initial and re-certifications, and earns the student a 2-year AHA BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR certification card.
Group BLS Classes
You can earn your BLS CPR certification in a number of ways. Some of those options include:
- Blended learning – Save a ton of time with this great option!
- One-on-OneOne-on-One sessions can be done as either a skills session, where you would begin with the online blended learning course, or as a complete private BLS for Healthcare Provider course. Obviously these are more expensive, but you'll have the convenience of a 1-on-1 session with the instructor and the class will move faster than with large groups.
- Classroom courses – Join a traditional classroom CPR course.
Need more info? Just call us at 925-335-6076!
BLS for Healthcare Providers includes:
- New science from the 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- 1 & 2 Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, children and infants
- Adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Choking relief for all ages
- Rescue breathing
Josh Sauberman is originally from New York, but has called the Bay Area home since 1999. He’s actively worked in firefighting and EMS since 2009 and has been instructing BLS and Heartsaver CPR for the American Heart Association since 2013. He enjoys teaching and makes a point to keep his instruction realistic, enjoyable, and most of all, educational.